Achate is on a mission to make the worlds best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe — and engineers play a vital role in building that future. Following is a glimpse into what the requirements of the role are and some of the stories from the engineering teams who build and scale the product at Achate.
At Achate, Software Developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code work on teams that ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking over 1 million online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of entrepreneurs will see your work within seconds – a difficult but incredibly rewarding responsibility. Achate is the largest Ruby on Rails application in the world and we're a big part of the Rails community. We’re constantly improving our codebase to make it even better.
• Collaborating with other designers and developers
• Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our codebase
• Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
• Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
• Building and maintaining critical infrastructure
• Contributing back to the open source community
Achate is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Sara is an actual real live person and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. And remember, we want to know what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Achate, so please give us as much detail on this as you'd like in the answers on the next page.
At Achate, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
• Competitive salary based on experience
• 100% remote distributed team
• Flexible working hours and time off
• Passionate and positive working environment
• Design focused company
• Transparency and autonomy
• A chance to shape and grow products used by thousands of people